- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Postal stamp honors Hollywood director John Huston
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Legendary Hollywood film director John Huston is being honored with a postage stamp.
The U.S. Postal Service says the Oscar-winning director of 1948’s “The Treasure of the Sierra Madre” says the stamp will be issued next year.
The art on the stamp is inspired by the 1941 movie “The Maltese Falcon.” It depicts Humphrey Bogart holding the statue of the falcon.
Huston’s credits also include the Academy Award nominated films “The Asphalt Jungle” (1950),”Moulin Rouge” (1952) and “Prizzi’s Honor” (1985).
The stamp is part of a four-stamp Great Film Directors series. The Postal Service announced earlier this month that John Ford and Frank Capra are other directors depicted in the series. The remaining director and the date of issue will be announced later.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Paul Ryan to meet with black lawmakers after 'inner cities' flap
- Georgia's new carry law a big win for gun rights
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014