- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Bank aims to foreclose on Burt Reynolds’ Fla. home
Question of the Day
JUPITER, FLA. (AP) - A bank is seeking to foreclose on Burt Reynolds' Florida home so that it can collect about $1.2 million for a mortgage.
Merrill Lynch Credit Corp. has filed a lawsuit in Martin County against Reynolds, BankAtlantic and Great Eastern Mortgage, claiming the Emmy Award-winning actor has not made a mortgage payment since Sept. 1, 2010 on the 12,500-square-foot house.
Merrill Lynch is asking a judge to order the home sold to satisfy debts. The county property appraiser valued the Mediterranean-style home at $2.4 million.
The Stuart News ( http://bit.ly/qRkMj4) reports Reynolds tried to sell the home in 2009 for $8.9 million, but he said then that the economy was making it difficult to sell. Reynolds, 75, had a heart bypass operation last year.
Reynolds said in a statement through his publicist Wednesday that he was surprised by the lawsuit.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Inside China: Massive flight woes and a missile test
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq