- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Husband of ‘Housewives of Beverly Hills’ star dies
Question of the Day
Richards and Grammer said they weren’t surprised that Taylor Armstrong filed for divorce.
“I think we all saw in season one that they weren’t exactly a match made in heaven,” Richards said.
Taylor Armstrong often complained to her cast mates that she felt neglected by her husband. She says on her website that she met him in 2004, and court records show they were married in 2005.
They have one daughter, 5-year-old Kennedy Caroline Armstrong.
Besides Taylor Armstrong, Richards and Grammer, “The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” stars Adrienne Maloof, Kim Richards and Lisa Vanderpump. Two other women joined the show in its second season: Dana Wilkey and Brandi Glanville, who is dealing with the aftermath of her own high-profile divorce.
Glanville’s ex-husband, actor Eddie Cibrian, recently married singer Leann Rimes after an apparent affair documented in tabloids and online.
“The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” is the newest in the “Real Housewives” franchise, which follows affluent women in cities such as Atlanta, Miami and New York City.
Some of the other “Housewives” took to Twitter and Facebook to express their condolences.
“Shocked and deeply saddened to hear about the passing of Russell Armstrong,” Jill Zarin, who appears on the New York City version, tweeted Tuesday.
“No words can express how much my heart is breaking for my fellow housewife sister (at)taylorarmstrong and her daughter,” Gretchen Rossi, who appears on “The Real Housewives of Orange County,” wrote on Facebook. “Please keep her and her family in your prayers and thoughts today. RIP Russell Armstrong.”
AP Entertainment Writers Anthony McCartney and Derrik J. Lang in Los Angeles, and Lauri Neff in New York contributed to this report.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Inside China: Massive flight woes and a missile test
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq