- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Bank aims to foreclose on Burt Reynolds’ Fla. home
JUPITER, FLA. (AP) - A bank is seeking to foreclose on Burt Reynolds' Florida home so it can collect about $1.2 million for a mortgage.
Merrill Lynch Credit Corp. has filed a lawsuit in Martin County against Reynolds, BankAtlantic and Great Eastern Mortgage, claiming the actor has not made a mortgage payment since Sept. 1, 2010, on the 12,500-square-foot house.
Merrill Lynch is asking a judge to order the home sold to satisfy debts. The county property appraiser valued the Mediterranean-style home at $2.4 million.
The Stuart News (http://bit.ly/qRkMj4) reports 75-year-old Reynolds tried to sell the home in 2009 for $8.9 million, but he said then that the economy was making it difficult to sell.
Reynolds said in a statement through his publicist Wednesday that he was surprised by the lawsuit.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- 'Blarney Blowout' near UMass results in 73 arrests; 4 officers injured
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again