- Iran’s Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are ‘tumors derived from the same origin’
- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics: State Department
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
Bank aims to foreclose on Burt Reynolds’ Fla. home
Question of the Day
JUPITER, FLA. (AP) - A bank is seeking to foreclose on Burt Reynolds' Florida home so it can collect about $1.2 million for a mortgage.
Merrill Lynch Credit Corp. has filed a lawsuit in Martin County against Reynolds, BankAtlantic and Great Eastern Mortgage, claiming the actor has not made a mortgage payment since Sept. 1, 2010, on the 12,500-square-foot house.
Merrill Lynch is asking a judge to order the home sold to satisfy debts. The county property appraiser valued the Mediterranean-style home at $2.4 million.
The Stuart News (http://bit.ly/qRkMj4) reports 75-year-old Reynolds tried to sell the home in 2009 for $8.9 million, but he said then that the economy was making it difficult to sell.
Reynolds said in a statement through his publicist Wednesday that he was surprised by the lawsuit.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world