- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Josh Wolff scores in 73rd minute to give D.C. United 1-1 draw with Chicago Fire
Question of the Day
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. — Substitute forward Josh Wolff scored in the 73rd minute to help D.C. United tie the Chicago Fire 1-1 on Thursday night.
Wolff, who played his first five MLS seasons with the Fire, blasted a rising shot over goalkeeper Sean Johnson that went in off the crossbar.
Chicago’s Sebastian Grazzini opened the scoring in the 59th minute, converting Patrick Nyarko’s pass into a goal with a low shot that eluded goalkeeper Steve Cronin.
D.C. (7-6-10) moved into a fifth-place tie with New York in the Eastern Conference. It is 2-0-2 in its last four matches, while Chicago (2-7-15) is 0-3-7 in MLS play since June 12.
Cronin took over in goal for D.C. after starter Bill Hamid strained his right hamstring at the end of the first half.
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Man says he shot burglar who said she was pregnant
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq