- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
3 MSNBC hosts predict winner of presidential race
BEVERLY HILLS, CALIF. (AP) - When three MSNBC hosts forecast the winner of next year’s presidential race, their choice isn’t surprising, considering the network’s liberal tilt.
But their respective certainty wasn’t uniform when asked that question at an appearance before reporters on Tuesday at a meeting of the Television Critics Association.
Lawrence O’Donnell, host of “The Last Word,” flatly predicted the re-election of President Barack Obama.
Rachel Maddow also named Obama, attributing her pick to a thus-far weak Republican field.
But “Hardball” host Chris Matthews waffled, saying Obama’s fate will rest largely on the economy as well as his GOP rival.
One easy opponent? Mitt Romney, whom Matthews dismissed as “a mood ring.” And should Obama be running against Michele Bachmann, Matthews said, “He’ll just have a hoot.”
TWT Video Picks
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Hillary swoons at admitted illegal immigrant: 'Wow,' you're 'incredibly brave'
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.