- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Daily Caller: Politics may wait in wings for Kelsey Grammer
Question of the Day
Politics may wait in wings for Kelsey Grammer
“I look at my political aspirations as that last piece of my life - where I hope to do something good for people and pay back a little,” he said.
Though far behind billionaire New York Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg in the wealth category, Mr. Grammer is estimated to be worth nearly $100 million, a huge asset in funding a political campaign, the Post noted. He dipped his feet into politics last week by saying of the debt debate: “Nobody is talking about actually getting rid of the debt that exists already. … It’s first-grade math.”
Mr. Grammer remains tight-lipped about the specifics of his possible run, but his acting career won’t be ending immediately. He is set to star in the Starz network drama “Boss” this fall.
As the latest celebrity to mull throwing his hat into the ring, however, Mr. Grammer could be setting up an interesting Big Apple battle royale. The Washington Post has reported that actor and legendary liberal Alec Baldwin has hinted that he could be considering a 2013 run for mayor.
‘Full House’ actress expecting first baby
1990s child star Marla Sokoloff is all grown up and expecting a baby of her own.
The 30-year-old “Dude, Where’s My Car?” actress is pregnant with her first child, Us Weekly reports. The California native, who portrayed the troublemaker Gia Mahan in the popular ‘90s sitcom “Full House,” married drummer Alec Puro, 36, in 2009. Before that, Miss Sokoloff was in a long-term relationship with “127 Hours” actor James Franco, whom she met on the set of 2000 teen movie “Whatever It Takes.”
Miss Sokoloff often has taken on the roles of bullies. In “Full House,” her character teased protagonist Stephanie Tanner, played by Jodie Sweetin, for being a goody two-shoes. In the 1995 film “The Baby-Sitters Club,” Miss Sokoloff played the catty ice princess Cokie Mason. She also appeared on “7th Heaven,” which told the story of a preacher’s family of nine.
Britney Spears‘ niece singing aunt’s tune
It looks like the 3-year-old niece of pop legend Britney Spears may be following in her famous aunt’s footsteps. Young Maddie Briann Aldridge, daughter of Miss Spears’ sister, Jamie Lynn Spears, was caught on video last week chanting Miss Spears’ song “Up N’ Down.”
Britney Spears tweeted a video Friday of the mini songstress-in-training.
“OMG! Check out my niece Maddie covering Aunt Britney’s Up N Down. Sooooo adorable!” Britney tweeted, linking to the YouTube video of Maddie’s karaoke session.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- EDITORIAL: Red faces at the White House
- Outrage over Phil Robertson suspension, 'malignant' political correctness
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- PRUDEN: 'Tis the season for apologies
- Special ops vets slam military benefit cuts
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Southern Fried Politics from the Lens of a Persian-American Millennial
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow