- Argentina beats Dutch in shootout to reach World Cup final
- Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL — again
- FAA investigating fireworks drone flights
- Pentagon: We’ll give Obama a drone strike with al-Baghdadi’s name on it
- Marine in Mexican custody to get day in court after 101 days
- Senate OKs San Antonio mayor as housing secretary
- NFL star likely fooled by Marine impostor who accepted first-class plane ticket
- Sen. Ted Cruz tweets Obama directions from fundraisers to border towns
- Israel hits key Hamas targets in Gaza offensive
- Ten-year sentence for New Orleans’ Nagin on graft charges
Storms damages Ohio tree seen in ‘Shawshank’
Question of the Day
MANSFIELD, OHIO (AP) - A storm has destroyed half of an Ohio oak tree that played a key role near the end of "The Shawshank Redemption."
The 1994 movie was filmed in an around an old prison in Mansfield in north-central Ohio, and the tree is where Morgan Freeman's character finds money and a note left by Tim Robbins' character.
Malabar Farm State Park manager Louis Andres (AN'-drehs) tells the News Journal of Mansfield ( http://bit.ly/nMG68r) the tree was hit Friday by straight-line winds that split it down its rotted middle and took out one side. The tree is on private farmland adjacent to the park.
Local convention and visitors bureau president Lee Tasseff calls the damage "tragic." He says the oak is a sentimental stop for "Shawshank" fans drawn to the film's locations.
Information from: News Journal, http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- GORDON: Russia plays its own game away from the World Cup
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly canceled
- Obama requests $3.7 billion to fight surge of illegals
- Colorado man offers Obama a toke of marijuana a Rocky Mountain 'high'
- Islamic militants aim to take Baghdad airport
- Gun advocates credit new concealed carry laws for sharp drop in Chicago murder rate
- Power grab: EPA wants to garnish wages of polluters
- Malaysian MP not sorry for tweeting 'long live Hitler' after Germany win
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener