- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
Body found near area missing Elvis fan was staying
Question of the Day
MEMPHIS, TENN. (AP) - Memphis police say they have found a woman’s body near where a missing Elvis Presley fan from Scotland was staying for events surrounding the anniversary of the singer’s death.
Officers said in a news release the body was not immediately identified Monday.
According to The Commercial Appeal (http://bit.ly/n73vju), 40-year-old Gerrie Lawrie was reported missing Saturday by former Shelby County Sheriff Gene Barksdale. He had spent time with her while she was in Memphis last week.
Officers said there were no obvious signs of foul play, but that the investigation was ongoing. No cause of death was released.
Memphis acquaintances told the paper this was Lawrie’s sixth visit to the city that is home to Graceland.
The paper reports she did not fly home to Aberdeen, Scotland, as scheduled.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Star witness in Bob McDonnell corruption trial refutes 'crush' defense
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world