- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Body found near area missing Elvis fan was staying
Question of the Day
MEMPHIS, TENN. (AP) - Memphis police say they have found a woman’s body near where a missing Elvis Presley fan from Scotland was staying for events surrounding the anniversary of the singer’s death.
Officers said in a news release the body was not immediately identified Monday.
According to The Commercial Appeal (http://bit.ly/n73vju), 40-year-old Gerrie Lawrie was reported missing Saturday by former Shelby County Sheriff Gene Barksdale. He had spent time with her while she was in Memphis last week.
Officers said there were no obvious signs of foul play, but that the investigation was ongoing. No cause of death was released.
Memphis acquaintances told the paper this was Lawrie’s sixth visit to the city that is home to Graceland.
The paper reports she did not fly home to Aberdeen, Scotland, as scheduled.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- ISIL captured 52 U.S.-made howitzers; artillery weapons cost 500K each
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq