- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Paris Hilton’s ex takes DUI plea deal in Vegas
Question of the Day
LAS VEGAS (AP) - Paris Hilton’s ex-boyfriend was fined $585 and ordered Wednesday to stay out of trouble as he settled drug charges stemming from a Las Vegas Strip traffic stop with the celebrity socialite last year.
Cy Waits, 35, was sentenced after pleading no contest to misdemeanor driving under the influence of drugs. Felony and misdemeanor drug charges were dropped.
“If you are arrested for another DUI during the pendency of this case, I don’t care if it’s alcohol or drugs, you will do six months in the Clark County jail,” the judge said. He set a Nov. 23 date to review Waits‘ case.
Waits emerged from the courtroom with his lawyer, Richard Schonfeld, and said he was glad to have the case behind him.
Hilton, a passenger in the vehicle, was arrested after police said a small bag containing 0.8 gram of cocaine fell from her Chanel purse as she reached for a tube of lip balm.
The 30-year-old celebrity heiress pleaded guilty last September to misdemeanor cocaine possession and obstruction charges. She is serving a year of probation, with a Las Vegas judge set to review her case Sept. 20.
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world