- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama should stop playing blame game
Question of the Day
President Obama attacks others and blames everything and everyone but himself for the U.S. economic meltdown: He points the finger at the Republican-controlled House, the “Arab Spring,” the earthquake in Japan and patriotic, taxpaying Americans who call themselves the Tea Party. In that case, he won’t mind if we take a look at his record.
When Mr. Obama took office, gasoline prices were $1.84 a gallon, on average - now gas averages $3.58 a gallon. Unemployment was 7.7 percent, now it’s 9.1 percent (or higher because those no longer looking for work are not counted). The president’s $825 billion stimulus bill passed when both houses of Congress were controlled by his party didn’t work. The national debt has increased by about a third to $14.6 trillion and climbing.
His administration placed a moratorium on offshore oil drilling that cost many jobs and made us more dependent on foreign oil. Mr. Obama has been talking about jobs for more than two years but has introduced no concrete plan to grow the economy.
It’s way past time for the president to quit attacking and blaming - and instead follow his own advice to stop playing politics and put the country first.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
Obama's senseless flight ban punished an ally and no one else
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Michael Moore, movie-making critic of capitalism, has nine homes