- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Sarah Jessica Parker prepares for Hurricane Irene
NEW YORK (AP) - Sarah Jessica Parker says she’s “battening down the hatches” in preparation for Hurricane Irene.
The storm is expected to hit New York City Saturday.
While promoting her new comedy, “I Don’t Know How She Does It,” in New York on Thursday, the 46-year-old Manhattan mom said she’s in full storm-preparedness mode.
The actress says she’s removing anything that could fly through windows. She’s also making sure she and her husband, actor Matthew Broderick; their 2-year-old twins, Loretta and Tabitha; and 8-year-old son, James Wilkie, are stocked up on water, flashlights and batteries.
“I Don’t Know How She Does It” is based on the book by Allison Pearson. It is about a career-minded mom juggling a demanding job and the family she adores. It hits theaters Sept. 16.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.