- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Tuning in to TV
Question of the Day
Mr. Kutcher taped an appearance for Mr. Letterman’s talk show Wednesday, and the actor came on stage wearing a helmet and a bulletproof vest printed with the phrase, “Not Dave,” according to the Associated Press.
Last week, a contributor to a jihadist website posted a threat of violence against Mr. Letterman because the comedian had made fun of al Qaeda leaders on his show in June. Mr. Letterman, back from vacation Monday, played the threat for monologue laughs.
Whoopi Goldberg adopts kitten thrown from car
A kitten tossed from a moving car on New York City’s Verrazano Bridge now has a name — and a celebrity “mom.”
Vinny was rescued in July. An Animal Care and Control officer who happened to be driving on the bridge witnessed the kitten being thrown, according to the Associated Press.
Miss Goldberg said her other cat, Oliver, is “not too happy” about the new family member. She added: “I think he’ll get Oliver to come around sooner than later.”
Reality stars won’t shine on Hollywood Walk of Fame
Don’t expect Kim Kardashian or Snooki to get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame any time soon.
“Someone asked if we give reality show characters stars? Hell to the No!” was posted on the Walk of Fame’s Facebook page on Wednesday, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
Added Ana Martinez, vice president for media relations and producer for the Hollywood Walk of Fame: “It’s just not on the radar for us right now.”
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world