- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Tuning in to TV
Mr. Kutcher taped an appearance for Mr. Letterman’s talk show Wednesday, and the actor came on stage wearing a helmet and a bulletproof vest printed with the phrase, “Not Dave,” according to the Associated Press.
Last week, a contributor to a jihadist website posted a threat of violence against Mr. Letterman because the comedian had made fun of al Qaeda leaders on his show in June. Mr. Letterman, back from vacation Monday, played the threat for monologue laughs.
Whoopi Goldberg adopts kitten thrown from car
A kitten tossed from a moving car on New York City's Verrazano Bridge now has a name — and a celebrity “mom.”
Vinny was rescued in July. An Animal Care and Control officer who happened to be driving on the bridge witnessed the kitten being thrown, according to the Associated Press.
Miss Goldberg said her other cat, Oliver, is “not too happy” about the new family member. She added: “I think he’ll get Oliver to come around sooner than later.”
Reality stars won’t shine on Hollywood Walk of Fame
Don’t expect Kim Kardashian or Snooki to get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame any time soon.
Added Ana Martinez, vice president for media relations and producer for the Hollywood Walk of Fame: “It’s just not on the radar for us right now.”
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Craigslist killers: Police say newlyweds stabbed man for thrills
- NYC alarms with notice: Immediately surrender your rifle
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
A stat-head’s outlook, direct from his worn in couch cushion.
Classical music and the performing arts: news and reviews you can use.
Covering the world of soccer, including the World Cup, Major League Soccer, D.C. United and the English Premier League and other interesting sporting events.
White House pets gone wild!