- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Tuning in to TV
Mr. Kutcher taped an appearance for Mr. Letterman’s talk show Wednesday, and the actor came on stage wearing a helmet and a bulletproof vest printed with the phrase, “Not Dave,” according to the Associated Press.
Last week, a contributor to a jihadist website posted a threat of violence against Mr. Letterman because the comedian had made fun of al Qaeda leaders on his show in June. Mr. Letterman, back from vacation Monday, played the threat for monologue laughs.
Whoopi Goldberg adopts kitten thrown from car
A kitten tossed from a moving car on New York City’s Verrazano Bridge now has a name — and a celebrity “mom.”
Vinny was rescued in July. An Animal Care and Control officer who happened to be driving on the bridge witnessed the kitten being thrown, according to the Associated Press.
Miss Goldberg said her other cat, Oliver, is “not too happy” about the new family member. She added: “I think he’ll get Oliver to come around sooner than later.”
Reality stars won’t shine on Hollywood Walk of Fame
Don’t expect Kim Kardashian or Snooki to get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame any time soon.
“Someone asked if we give reality show characters stars? Hell to the No!” was posted on the Walk of Fame’s Facebook page on Wednesday, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
Added Ana Martinez, vice president for media relations and producer for the Hollywood Walk of Fame: “It’s just not on the radar for us right now.”
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.