- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Eric Cantor says he’ll resign on Aug. 18
- Ted Nugent slams ‘lying freaks’ at liberal media: I’m ‘doing God’s work’
- Joe Biden’s secret love: Skinny-dipping, Secret Service agents say
- Just-forged Israel-Hamas cease-fire ends in rocket fire
- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
Sounders forward White has 2nd leg operation
Question of the Day
SEATTLE (AP) - Seattle Sounders forward O’Brian White has had a second surgery on his left leg to repair an arterial blockage.
The team says Saturday that he had the surgery on Wednesday. He is expected to remain hospitalized for several days and will be out indefinitely. His first surgery was April 27 to remove a blood clot on that leg.
White, of Jamaica, is in his first year with the Sounders after playing for Toronto FC in 2009 and 2010. He had two goals and two assists in starting each of Seattle’s first seven games this season.
He has not played since earning an assist on the only goal of the game in the Sounders’ 1-0 win at Colorado on April 22. White came off the disabled list on July 12, but only played sparingly in two matches.
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- PRUDEN: Cooling the manufactured impeachment panic
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Congress leaves Obama holding the burden of border children
- Just-forged Israel-Hamas 3-day cease-fire ends in rocket fire
- Islamic militants seize Benghazi as U.S. evacuates Libya
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world