- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Daily Caller: ‘Laguna Beach’ reality star headed to Marine Corps Ball
Question of the Day
‘Laguna Beach’ reality star headed to Marine Corps Ball
On Thursday, U.S. Marine Lance Cpl. Jonathan Burkett got online to invite the 24-year-old California girl to the fall formal event, tweeting the actress: “Wanted to know if you want to go to the Marine Corps Ball with me in San Diego?! Would make a video but still deployed!”
The military man also tweeted that the celebrity’s buddies could tag along. “Could have your friends come too and all go out in San Diego. Figured it would be a good time and it’s close by!” Later that day Miss Cavallari tweeted back at Lance Cpl. Burkett, “Would love to! When is it?”
TMZ reported Friday that Miss Cavallari’s representatives are in the process of organizing her plans.
In July, Miss Kunis confirmed she would attend a Marine Corps Birthday Ball. Around the same time, singer Justin Timberlake said he would make an appearance at one of the balls. Then “Terminator” actress Linda Hamilton posted a YouTube video begging Sgt. Ray Lewis to take her to the event in place of “Golden Girls” actress Betty White, who could not accept the invitation.
At the end of the month, 26-year-old “Hes Just Not That into You” sexpot Scarlett Johansson declined an invitation to the ball but sent a case of champagne to Sgt. Dustin L. Williams along with her regrets.
Jeff Bridges to be played by Victoria’s Secret model
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Victoria’s Secret catwalker Marisa Miller will portray the physical form of a ghostly Jeff Bridges character in the upcoming film “R.I.P.D.”
The film stars “Sexiest Man Alive” Ryan Reynolds as a murdered policeman who joins the Rest In Peace Department to find his killer (portrayed by Kevin Bacon). Mr. Bridges plays Mr. Reynolds late squad partner who takes a human form in Miss Millers body. When Mr. Bridges character walks among the living, theyll see breathtaking Miss Miller instead.
The Victoria’s Secret “Angel” isnt new to screen gigs, but “R.I.P.D.” will be her film debut. Miss Miller has already appeared on the small screen in “How I Met Your Mother,” “Entourage,” and “Gary Unmarried.”
The 2008 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition cover girl appeared in the glossy magazine pages every year from 2002 to 2008. The California girls pretty face has also popped up in Elle magazine, Glamour, Marie Claire, Vanity Fair, GQ, Cosmopolitan and Maxim.
Mommy bloggers outraged at children’s book on dieting
The “Maggie Goes on A Diet” book to be released in October has already ignited a nationwide debate on sensitivity and enraged “mommy” bloggers.
The children’s book, aimed at the 4-to-6-year-old crowd, is about a 14-year-old girl named Maggie. She goes on a diet and joins a soccer team after being called “fatty” at school. According to Amazon.com, the teen is “transformed from being extremely overweight and insecure to a normal-sized girl who becomes the school soccer star. Through time, exercise and hard work, Maggie becomes more and more confident and develops a positive self image.”
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- EDITORIAL: For too many gays, 'tolerance' is a one-way street
- PRUDEN: Cooling the manufactured impeachment panic
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- Feds accept boredom, lack of work as excuses for surfing porn on clock
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world