- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
Daily Caller: ‘Laguna Beach’ reality star headed to Marine Corps Ball
Question of the Day
‘Laguna Beach’ reality star headed to Marine Corps Ball
On Thursday, U.S. Marine Lance Cpl. Jonathan Burkett got online to invite the 24-year-old California girl to the fall formal event, tweeting the actress: “Wanted to know if you want to go to the Marine Corps Ball with me in San Diego?! Would make a video but still deployed!”
The military man also tweeted that the celebrity’s buddies could tag along. “Could have your friends come too and all go out in San Diego. Figured it would be a good time and it’s close by!” Later that day Miss Cavallari tweeted back at Lance Cpl. Burkett, “Would love to! When is it?”
TMZ reported Friday that Miss Cavallari’s representatives are in the process of organizing her plans.
In July, Miss Kunis confirmed she would attend a Marine Corps Birthday Ball. Around the same time, singer Justin Timberlake said he would make an appearance at one of the balls. Then “Terminator” actress Linda Hamilton posted a YouTube video begging Sgt. Ray Lewis to take her to the event in place of “Golden Girls” actress Betty White, who could not accept the invitation.
At the end of the month, 26-year-old “Hes Just Not That into You” sexpot Scarlett Johansson declined an invitation to the ball but sent a case of champagne to Sgt. Dustin L. Williams along with her regrets.
Jeff Bridges to be played by Victoria’s Secret model
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Victoria’s Secret catwalker Marisa Miller will portray the physical form of a ghostly Jeff Bridges character in the upcoming film “R.I.P.D.”
The film stars “Sexiest Man Alive” Ryan Reynolds as a murdered policeman who joins the Rest In Peace Department to find his killer (portrayed by Kevin Bacon). Mr. Bridges plays Mr. Reynolds late squad partner who takes a human form in Miss Millers body. When Mr. Bridges character walks among the living, theyll see breathtaking Miss Miller instead.
The Victoria’s Secret “Angel” isnt new to screen gigs, but “R.I.P.D.” will be her film debut. Miss Miller has already appeared on the small screen in “How I Met Your Mother,” “Entourage,” and “Gary Unmarried.”
The 2008 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition cover girl appeared in the glossy magazine pages every year from 2002 to 2008. The California girls pretty face has also popped up in Elle magazine, Glamour, Marie Claire, Vanity Fair, GQ, Cosmopolitan and Maxim.
Mommy bloggers outraged at children’s book on dieting
The “Maggie Goes on A Diet” book to be released in October has already ignited a nationwide debate on sensitivity and enraged “mommy” bloggers.
The children’s book, aimed at the 4-to-6-year-old crowd, is about a 14-year-old girl named Maggie. She goes on a diet and joins a soccer team after being called “fatty” at school. According to Amazon.com, the teen is “transformed from being extremely overweight and insecure to a normal-sized girl who becomes the school soccer star. Through time, exercise and hard work, Maggie becomes more and more confident and develops a positive self image.”
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Perhaps we're not as free as we think
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- Latest Obama claim: I don't learn anything from the news
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq