- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
Eagles DT Patterson collapses at camp
BETHLEHEM, Pa. (AP) — Eagles defensive tackle Mike Patterson has been taken to a hospital after collapsing at a training camp practice at Lehigh University.
Patterson dropped to the ground between plays during practice Wednesday morning, and the player began violently shaking. He was immediately tended to by trainer Rick Burkholder and his staff, with assistance from rookie offensive lineman Danny Watkins, a trained firefighter.
As players kneeled nearby, holding hands and praying, an ambulance arrived and Patterson was placed on a stretcher and lifted into the ambulance.
The team had no immediate comment on Patterson’s condition.
Patterson, 28, was the Eagles’ first-round pick out of USC in 2005. He’s started 84 games and played in 95, the most of anybody on the current roster.
Practice resumed after about 15 minutes.
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- BRUCE: Obama deliberately emboldening America's enemies
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.