You are currently viewing the printable version of this article, to return to the normal page, please click here.

Hezbollah turns over material to Hariri tribunal

- Associated Press - Wednesday, August 3, 2011

AMSTERDAM — The prosecutor investigating the 2005 assassination of former Lebanese Prime Minister Rafik Hariri says he has received new material from Hezbollah, the Shiite militia whose members are under indictment.

The prosecutor's office said the material was hand-delivered to Lebanese judicial officials July 13.

It said Wednesday the file had been offered by Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah in a televised speech earlier last month, but it did not disclose the nature of the material.

Arrest warrants have been issued for four militia members but Hezbollah has refused to surrender them.

Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.