- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay quip
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
AP Source: Gore agrees on 3-year extension
Question of the Day
SANTA CLARA, CALIF. (AP) - A person with knowledge of the negotiations says Frank Gore has agreed to terms on a new three-year contract extension that would keep him with the San Francisco 49ers through 2014.
The person spoke on condition of anonymity to The Associated Press on Tuesday because Gore had yet to sign his deal. The team hasn’t made a formal announcement.
THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP’s earlier story is below.
Gore would not say Tuesday whether an initial proposal was made, only that he has instructed agent Drew Rosenhaus to let him know when there is what he considers a “fair” offer on the table. That hadn’t happened yet to Gore’s knowledge.
“Positive that they met face to face,” Gore said. “Drew felt good about everything, (about) the talk. Now, we haven’t made a decision. We haven’t gotten that done yet. We’ll see where they’re at. We’ll see where we’re at and hopefully we can get something done before the season.”
The 28-year-old Gore, third on San Francisco’s career rushing list heading into his seventh NFL season, has said he hopes for a new long-term deal before the Sept. 11 season opener against Seattle.
“I told Drew, man, just call me when he feels right, when he feels what’s fair for both sides,” Gore said. “Hopefully I can be a Niner. I want to be here for my whole career. Our GM said he wanted me here for my whole career. Hopefully my side, their side can get it done.”
“I’m very optimistic because Frank’s a says-what-he-means, means-what-he-says guy,” Harbaugh said. “Our organization is the same exact way. Like we’ve said, we’ll deal with this man to man with Frank and with his agent, Drew, but Frank is a great guy. Frank is a true 49er. I’ve said that from when I first got here. That’s how I thought I would feel about Frank Gore. Now, I know how I feel about Frank Gore. The guy is awesome. Somebody should do a movie. Somebody should do the Frank Gore story, because it’s an awesome story.”
Gore didn’t play in last Saturday’s 30-7 loss to the Houston Texans, and Harbaugh wouldn’t say whether he would play in Thursday night’s exhibition finale at San Diego. It’s nothing new for him to sit, as Gore has rarely played during the preseason in the past.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay comments
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- NAPOLITANO: NSA spies pick up interference from the Constitution
- 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson: Gays 'wont inherit the kingdom of God'
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Nobody likes to talk about dying. But we can help.
A libertarian look at breaking news and political trends by author Tom Mullen.
Does it take over 25 years in public service to really know what goes on in Washington?
A politically conservative and morally liberal Hebrew alpha male hunts left-wing viper
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow