- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Texas A&M and SMU have different conference goals
Question of the Day
This Sunday’s game rekindles a rivalry that spanned for decades when the two teams were in the Southwest Conference. The teams have met just once since the conference disbanded in 1995, a 66-8 victory by the Aggies in 2005.
Orsini says if SMU were to replace A&M in the Big 12, it would allow the conference to gain a footprint in another major media market (Dallas) and bring back some regional matchups that were lost when the Southwest Conference ended.
“Regionalism is important,” Orsini said. “I think that’s a sign of strength, a sign of stability. Can you imagine if this great Southwest region didn’t have a top-tier athletic conference? Meaning, look at what’s happening to our current conference. One went West, one’s gone to the Midwest and one may go to the Southeast. You know what? This region deserves a great athletics conference and we would add that stability.”
AP Sports Writer Jaime Aron contributed to this report from Dallas.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Michael Moore, movie-making critic of capitalism, has nine homes
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq