- London mayor flies Palestinian flag at town hall to support Gaza
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Eric Cantor says he’ll resign on Aug. 18
- Ted Nugent slams ‘lying freaks’ at liberal media: I’m ‘doing God’s work’
- Joe Biden’s secret love: Skinny-dipping, Secret Service agents say
- Just-forged Israel-Hamas cease-fire ends in rocket fire
- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
Aronofsky praises ‘exciting’ Venice lineup
Question of the Day
VENICE, ITALY (AP) - Darren Aronofsky knows the joy of winning the Venice film festival's top prize _ and this year it will be his job to help award it.
The director heads the jury at the 68th Venice Film Festival, which opened Wednesday. He said he doesn't remember ever seeing such an "exciting" lineup.
Nearly half of the competitors are high-powered English-language films, a sign of of Venice's growing prestige.
Aronofsky says Venice had been both beautiful and cruel to him. "Black Swan" opened last year's festival, and he won the Golden Lion in 2008 for "The Wrestler." "The Fountain" was less warmly received in 2006.
Twenty-three films are vying for the Golden Lion, to be awarded Sept. 10. Aronofsky says he'll be looking for the films that affect him most "emotionally and intelectually."
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- PRUDEN: Cooling the manufactured impeachment panic
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Congress leaves Obama holding the burden of border children
- Just-forged Israel-Hamas 3-day cease-fire ends in rocket fire
- Islamic militants seize Benghazi as U.S. evacuates Libya
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world