- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Golden Globe group presents $1.5 million in grants
BEVERLY HILLS, CALIF. (AP) - The Hollywood Foreign Press Association is giving away more than a million dollars.
The group behind the Golden Globe Awards presented $1.5 million in grants to dozens of arts organizations at a private luncheon Thursday at the Beverly Hills Hotel. Stars such as Leonardo Di Caprio, Mark Wahlberg, Kevin Bacon, Taylor Lautner and Lea Michele helped present and accept the gifts.
Michele said she was “humbled by the generosity” of the international reporters group, then beamed as she introduced and hugged “Twilight” hunk Lautner. He admitted to “blushing up here a little bit” as he accepted a grant on behalf of the Sundance Institute.
The Hollywood Foreign Press Association has given away more than $13 million in grants and scholarships over the past 17 years.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Former Blue Angels commander relieved of duty for alleged misconduct
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.