- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Luxury home: On the water in Easton
Just mention Maryland’s Eastern Shore to some Washingtonians, and they immediately begin to relax, thinking of Chesapeake Bay breezes and the taste of fresh crabmeat. The coves, rivers and tributaries that link the towns and rural areas of the Eastern Shore with the Chesapeake Bay offer myriad opportunities for enjoying water views, fishing, crabbing or just dangling bare feet into chilly water on a warm summer day.
To own property on the Eastern Shore is a dream shared by many D.C. residents, but few dream as big as the property located at 28035 Le Gates Cove Road in Easton.
On the market for $2,390,000, this manor home has four finished levels with at least 4,700 finished square feet of living space. It sits on slightly more than 2 acres, with 400 feet of waterfront property along Le Gates Cove just off the Tred Avon River. The mean low water at the private dock is 5 feet, and the dock has space for two boats.
While this serene home is privately located and perfect for family gatherings or entertaining, it is within minutes of Easton and the Talbot County Country Club, where members can enjoy golf, tennis and swimming.
The home was built in 1965 and underwent major renovations and expansion in 1990 and again in 2005. The property has been landscaped with sweeping lawns, flower gardens, mature trees and a raised-bed vegetable garden.
Adjacent to the cove is a flagstone waterside sitting area perfect for relaxing in the shade after boating, enjoying fresh crabs or barbecuing. Closer to the main home is a spacious brick patio with space for several seating areas. The property rests on a point of land that brings fresh breezes to cool guests and residents no matter which way the wind is blowing.
Residents and guests also can enjoy the in-ground swimming pool, which is surrounded by new decking and an adjacent sitting area under a pergola. Nearby is a carriage house with a guest apartment and a home office.
The main house has windows and French doors all around to capture water views. The second floor is wrapped by a wide deck with views of the cove and includes an outdoor fireplace and grill. This level also has an oversized screen porch with panels that can be placed over the screens for winter use.
The main level includes hardwood flooring and crown molding. The living room has a wood-burning fireplace, two walls of French doors and floor-to-ceiling windows that face the lawn and the cove. The formal dining room includes crown molding and two sets of windows. The main level also has a library with a fireplace and a family room with walls of windows and French doors.
The family room is open to the white-on-white kitchen, an oversized space that easily can accommodate several cooks and guests at once. The adjacent breakfast area includes crown and chair-rail molding and French doors that open onto the patio.
The first floor also has a generously sized master suite with water views and a wood-burning fireplace and luxurious bath. Two powder rooms are also on the first floor.
The second floor includes a second master suite with a sitting room, French doors to the deck and a private full bath. A second bedroom on this level has a private full bath. Nearby is a laundry room.
The finished attic level includes a guest suite with a private full bath and a private deck. The lower level is partially finished and includes storage space and a workshop.
The Eastern Shore tempts Washingtonians in any season who want to enjoy its natural beauty and peaceful ambience.
For more information, contact associate broker Cornelia Heckenbach with Lacaze Meredith Real Estate at 410/310-1229 or visit www.StMichaelsMdWaterfront.com.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Christine O'Donnell eager to re-engage in political debate
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again