- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
- Landslide hits Indian village; 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
LAMBRO: Obama out of ideas, Americans out of luck
President appears powerless to halt economic nose dive
Question of the Day
At this juncture, it is painfully clear that Mr. Obama has no plan, no set of comprehensive growth proposals, to pull this economy out of its nose dive, only more government spending on construction projects or more green subsidies for renewable energy like wind power that have yet to prove they can be economically viable.
So he has taken to the road on a bus tour through the Midwest to talk about jobs, without a plan to create them, without any idea what it takes to boost capital investment in new private-sector enterprises and small-business startups that are the wellspring of job creation.
Meantime, the White House is lowering expectations that any new policy will make much of a difference during his presidency. “The fact is that there is no magic bullet that lowers our unemployment rate to where it would be ideally,” press secretary Jay Carney told reporters Wednesday.
“We knew the road ahead was going to be difficult, that the climb was going to be steep. I have to admit, I didn’t know how steep the climb was going to be,” Mr. Obama told supporters in Chicago Wednesday night.
Translation: He didn’t have a clue. He’s in over his head.
Donald Lambro is a syndicated columnist and former chief political correspondent for The Washington Times.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of politicizing business
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone