- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
Father cleared in killing of P.G. mother, son
A Fort Washington man has been cleared as a suspect in the slayings of his wife and son, who were found dead early Thursday in their home, according to Prince George's County police.
Frank Harris was released from police custody Thursday evening after he was interviewed by Prince George's County police in connection with the fatal shootings of his wife, Patricia Harris, 56, and son, Frank Lamar Harris, 20, said county police spokesman Cpl. Evan Baxter.
The elder Mr. Harris called police to his home, in the 11800 block of Hickory Drive, around 4:30 a.m. Thursday after he said he came home from work to find his wife and son suffering from multiple gunshot wounds, police said. There was no sign of forced entry into the home, police said.
Investigators are continuing work to develop a suspect in the case.
Neighbor Monique Harris, 20, a friend of the younger Frank Harris, said police were back canvassing the neighborhood Friday asking about a teenager seen riding a bicycle in the area that night.
Police spokeswoman Julie Parker said she could not comment further on the investigation.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Andrea Noble is a crime and public safety reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Natural gas prices rise for D.C. customers as temperatures drop
- Released from hospital, Marion Barry reflects on his health and political career
- Montgomery County matches homicide total from 2013
- Council member introduces bill to regulate D.C. party promoters
- D.C. Council approves bill decriminalizing marijuana
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Russia besieges Crimea as U.S. seeks diplomacy; Putin remains undeterred by Obama's sanctions
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Investigators puzzle: How does a 777 jetliner just disappear into thin air?
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt 'Boss Hogg' town from map
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again