- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
Redskins add depth to offensive line, sign Sean Locklear, Donovan Raiola
The Washington Redskins added some depth to their offensive line by finalizing contracts with free agent right tackle Sean Locklear and interior lineman Donovan Raiola on Friday. Both players attended the afternoon’s walkthrough and observed.
Locklear, 30, started 15 games for the Seattle Seahawks last season. He has been a full-time starter since 2005, but he is expected to fill the backup role of swing tackle for the Redskins. He becomes the only veteran backup tackle on the roster.
Locklear is widely regarded as a good pass blocker.
“I’m just glad to be on a team,” he said. “I’ll let them figure out where they want to place me and we’ll go from there.”
Notes: Receiver Malcolm Kelly (right foot), tight end Chris Cooley (knee) and Brandon Banks (left knee) did not participate in Friday morning’s full practice. Outside linebacker Ryan Kerrigan (right knee) sat out team drills. …
The Redskins are not expected to immediately sign free agent linebacker Lofa Tatupu, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. The team’s decision to bring back inside linebacker Rocky McIntosh precludes acquiring Tatupu, the source said. …
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- REDSKINS 2013: Breaking down the schedule, game by game
- NFL 2013: Ranking all 32 teams in terms of staying power
- REDSKINS 2013: Washington seeks staying power among NFL's elite
- With no blueprint, Redskin Hankerson seeks success as dad
- Redskins receiver Leonard Hankerson learning to manage family life with football career
Latest Blog Entries
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Investigators puzzle: How does a 777 jetliner just disappear into thin air?
- Russia besieges Crimea as U.S. seeks diplomacy; Putin remains undeterred by Obama's sanctions
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- Adam Lanza's dad: He would've killed me 'in a heartbeat'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again