- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Trace Adkins, Kristin Chenoweth to host ACAs
NASHVILLE, TENN. (AP) - Multi-platinum country star Trace Adkins says he won’t be as nervous this time when he hosts the second American Country Awards on Fox television.
Adkins signed on to host last year because he thought it would be a challenge that would take him out of his comfort zone. But he said he didn’t start to enjoy it until about halfway into the two-hour show.
“Up until that point, I was pretty scared and nervous that I was not doing very well, and I probably didn’t do well, but at least I became comfortable with the fact that I probably wasn’t doing well,” Adkins told The Associated Press in a recent interview.
This time, he won’t be as self-conscious.
“When you’re just stumbling through something, everything’s a blur. I don’t know if you learn a whole lot, but I’m looking forward to it,” said Adkins.
His biggest take-away? “Don’t take yourself too seriously, and try to have fun with it.”
Fans will pick the winners in traditional categories as well as other areas such as touring. Nominees, performers and presenters will be announced soon.
AP entertainment video producer Lauri Neff contributed to this report from New York.
Contact Caitlin R. King on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/AP_Country
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
- Italy outraged over U.S. gun dealer's 'David' ad
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared?
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again