- London mayor flies Palestinian flag at town hall to support Gaza
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Eric Cantor says he’ll resign on Aug. 18
- Ted Nugent slams ‘lying freaks’ at liberal media: I’m ‘doing God’s work’
- Joe Biden’s secret love: Skinny-dipping, Secret Service agents say
- Just-forged Israel-Hamas cease-fire ends in rocket fire
- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
Trace Adkins, Kristin Chenoweth to host ACAs
Question of the Day
NASHVILLE, TENN. (AP) - Multi-platinum country star Trace Adkins says he won't be as nervous this time when he hosts the second American Country Awards on Fox television.
Emmy-winning actress Kristin Chenoweth will join him as co-host for the fan-voted awards show airing live from Las Vegas on Dec. 5.
Adkins signed on to host last year because he thought it would be a challenge that would take him out of his comfort zone. But he said he didn't start to enjoy it until about halfway into the two-hour show.
"Up until that point, I was pretty scared and nervous that I was not doing very well, and I probably didn't do well, but at least I became comfortable with the fact that I probably wasn't doing well," Adkins told The Associated Press in a recent interview.
This time, he won't be as self-conscious.
"When you're just stumbling through something, everything's a blur. I don't know if you learn a whole lot, but I'm looking forward to it," said Adkins.
His biggest take-away? "Don't take yourself too seriously, and try to have fun with it."
Fans will pick the winners in traditional categories as well as other areas such as touring. Nominees, performers and presenters will be announced soon.
AP entertainment video producer Lauri Neff contributed to this report from New York.
Contact Caitlin R. King on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/AP_Country
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- PRUDEN: Cooling the manufactured impeachment panic
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Congress leaves Obama holding the burden of border children
- Just-forged Israel-Hamas 3-day cease-fire ends in rocket fire
- Islamic militants seize Benghazi as U.S. evacuates Libya
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world