- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
- Oh my God! Costco lists Bible as fiction, Ron Burgundy memoir as gospel
AP source: Finnegan skips Titans mandatory meeting
NASHVILLE, TENN. (AP) - Tennessee Titans cornerback Cortland Finnegan missed a mandatory team meeting on Saturday.
His absence was confirmed to The Associated Press by a person familiar with the meeting. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the team has not commented on Finnegan's status.
Yahoo! Sports reports that Finnegan walked out of training camp Friday night, upset about his contract. He is to make $3.7 million this season, the last year of a contract extension he signed in 2008.
Terry Watson, Finnegan's agent, did not immediately return a message left Saturday by the AP.
Finnegan was a seventh-round draft pick in 2006 out of Samford. He became a starting cornerback by his second season and has started every game he has played in since the start of 2007. He was an All Pro and Pro Bowler in 2008. He has 13 career interceptions but only had two in 2010 when the Titans went 6-10.
The Titans are scheduled to practice Saturday afternoon at LP Field.
If Finnegan's absence turns into a holdout, he'll join running back Chris Johnson, who also is seeking a contract extension.
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality: liberal group
- CARSON: Getting to the top by starting at the bottom
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- Obama returns to class warfare as poll numbers plunge
- Russian diplomats busted bilking $1.5 million from Medicaid
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- CURL: 'Mission Accomplished' for Obamacare
- Democratic infighting erupts over 'we can have it all' fantasy on entitlements
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- President Obama acknowledges living with illegal immigrant uncle: report
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
NFL junkie Eric Golub reports on his favorite obsession. There is no football offseason. Every February he pretends to care about other sports while sobbing uncontrollably each Sunday until September.
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Brazen, leading-edge, “call it like it is” columns and reporting from Ohio native, radio host and writer, Sara Marie Brenner.
Entertainment News and Reviews from Washington, D.C. and beyond.
White House pets gone wild!