- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
The California governor, appearing on the Sunday broadcast of CNN’s “State of the Union,” says he supports Mr. Obama’s response to Republicans during the debt crisis but urges the president to, in his words, “dig down into his own soul and connect with the people of America at this hour of peril.”
Mr. Brown says the U.S. will face decline if Republicans don’t give up some ideological baggage and Democrats don’t find a way to create common ground.
Obama discusses helicopter crash with commanders
President Obama has spent part of the day talking to top American commanders about the U.S. troops lost when a helicopter was shot down in Afghanistan.
The White House says Mr. Obama placed calls to the commanders on Sunday to express his condolences for those who died. In the calls, the president reaffirmed the support of the American people for the troops and for their families.
Mr. Obama called the top U.S. commander in Afghanistan, Marine Gen. John Allen, and the commander of the Joint Special Operations Command, Army Lt. Gen. Joe Votel.
He also spoke with the head of U.S. Special Operations Command, Navy Adm. Eric Olson, and the head of U.S. Central Command, Marine Gen. James Mattis.
Thirty Americans and eight Afghans died in the crash Saturday.
McConnell tries to make state race about Obama
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- KEENE: Familiar refrains from Britain's 'Tea Party'
- Skeptics on all sides take aim of John Kerry's tentative deal on Ukraine
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.