- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Question of the Day
The California governor, appearing on the Sunday broadcast of CNN’s “State of the Union,” says he supports Mr. Obama’s response to Republicans during the debt crisis but urges the president to, in his words, “dig down into his own soul and connect with the people of America at this hour of peril.”
Mr. Brown says the U.S. will face decline if Republicans don’t give up some ideological baggage and Democrats don’t find a way to create common ground.
Obama discusses helicopter crash with commanders
President Obama has spent part of the day talking to top American commanders about the U.S. troops lost when a helicopter was shot down in Afghanistan.
The White House says Mr. Obama placed calls to the commanders on Sunday to express his condolences for those who died. In the calls, the president reaffirmed the support of the American people for the troops and for their families.
Mr. Obama called the top U.S. commander in Afghanistan, Marine Gen. John Allen, and the commander of the Joint Special Operations Command, Army Lt. Gen. Joe Votel.
He also spoke with the head of U.S. Special Operations Command, Navy Adm. Eric Olson, and the head of U.S. Central Command, Marine Gen. James Mattis.
Thirty Americans and eight Afghans died in the crash Saturday.
McConnell tries to make state race about Obama
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- House panel OKs resolution to sue president for Obamacare delays
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq