- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Chicago names street ‘Buddy Guy Way’
CHICAGO (AP) - Chicago blues great Buddy Guy now has his own street.
The city of Chicago has renamed the stretch of Wabash Street in front of his club, Legends, “Buddy Guy Way.”
The blues guitarist says he “wanted to cry” when the honor was bestowed Sunday. Chicago Alderman Bob Fioretti read a proclamation from Mayor Rahm Emanuel, and the crowd sang “Happy Birthday” as Guy received a copy of the street sign.
He celebrated his 75th birthday on July 30.
Guy was born in Louisiana in 1936 and moved to Chicago in 1957. He started a career as a session musician, backing blues legends such as Muddy Waters, Sonny Boy Williamson and Little Walter before recording his own music. He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2005.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.