- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Hoyas’ Ayegba tears ACL in summer league game
Georgetown sophomore center Moses Ayegba tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee during a summer league game Thursday, the university announced.
“It’s unfortunate,” Hoyas coach John Thompson III said in a statement. “He’s worked extremely hard this past year but we know, in conjunction with our medical staff, that he will take the necessary steps to get back on the floor as soon as he can.”
The 6-foot-8, 250-pound Ayegba averaged 1.7 points and 0.5 rebounds in six games last season.
Ayegba played for Hoop Magic in the Hyper Dunk Division of the 14-team Nike Pro-City League. He injured his knee in a quarterfinal game.
In Sunday’s championship, Clyde’s — with former Georgetown standouts Austin Freeman, Jeff Green and Greg Monroe — topped Tombs, with four of the five members of the Hoyas’ freshman class.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Declassified cables from Berlin Wall tell tale of drama, dare,
- Judge denies settlement motion in NFL concussion lawsuit
- Jay Gruden's long and winding road to Washington
- FENNO: Championship game provides an opportunity to listen to those who play
- FENNO: For Redskins, nonsensical is the new normal
Latest Blog Entries
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- FISHER: Shades of Berlin in the South China Sea
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Obama unveils new $600 billion jobs initiative
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- EDITORIAL: Got (raw) milk?
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.