- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Hoyas’ Ayegba tears ACL in summer league game
Georgetown sophomore center Moses Ayegba tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee during a summer league game Thursday, the university announced.
“It’s unfortunate,” Hoyas coach John Thompson III said in a statement. “He’s worked extremely hard this past year but we know, in conjunction with our medical staff, that he will take the necessary steps to get back on the floor as soon as he can.”
The 6-foot-8, 250-pound Ayegba averaged 1.7 points and 0.5 rebounds in six games last season.
Ayegba played for Hoop Magic in the Hyper Dunk Division of the 14-team Nike Pro-City League. He injured his knee in a quarterfinal game.
In Sunday’s championship, Clyde’s — with former Georgetown standouts Austin Freeman, Jeff Green and Greg Monroe — topped Tombs, with four of the five members of the Hoyas’ freshman class.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Declassified cables from Berlin Wall tell tale of drama, dare,
- Judge denies settlement motion in NFL concussion lawsuit
- Jay Gruden's long and winding road to Washington
- FENNO: Championship game provides an opportunity to listen to those who play
- FENNO: For Redskins, nonsensical is the new normal
Latest Blog Entries
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014