- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
- California church handing out ‘travel cash’ to illegals heading east
- PHILLIPS: Liberal lawyers ensuring illegal aliens are never deported
- Chris Christie leading N.H. GOP presidential field; Mitt Romney lingers large
- NYC creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Florida judge slaps GOP’s redistricting plans: You ‘made a mockery’ of process
- Muslims give Obama high marks over first half of 2014
- Pennsylvania sends draft notices to 14K dead men
- KISS rocker Gene Simmons touts 1 percent life: ‘It’s fantastic’
- Texas shooting suspect had faced other charges
Elizabeth Taylor auction tells of her life, loves
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - From the couture dresses worn for her two weddings with actor Richard Burton, to the dazzling ruby and diamond Cartier jewelry set, a gift from her third husband, film producer Mike Todd, “The Collection of Elizabeth Taylor” on display at Christie’s auction house in New York tells a passionate story, spanning nearly five decades.
Other tokens of admiration at the exhibition, which opens to the public Saturday, include an autographed poster from Taylor’s cherished friend, Michael Jackson, and her famed 33.19-carat diamond ring, a gift from Burton in 1968.
The memorabilia will be up for auction both live and online Dec. 13-17. A portion of the profits will be donated to The Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation.
Nicole Evatt covers entertainment for The Associated Press. Follow her on Twitter at http://twitter.com/NicoleEvatt
TWT Video Picks
By Elizabeth MacDonald
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Obama seeks brisk passage of border children funding bill
- Bloomberg: Pro-gun towns must lack roads
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- BRUCE: The feds plot to steal your paycheck
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Illegal immigrants showing up at border with 'Yes we can' Obama shoes: report
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs