- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Raiders’ McClain arrested on Ala assault charges
Question of the Day
McClain was facing legal problems in Alabama before his arrest.
A University of Alabama student sued McClain in November 2010 claiming the former Crimson Tide star hit him with a car and assaulted him in 2008. Stanford Matthew Mangham filed suit in circuit court in Morgan County, where Decatur is located.
Mangham claims McClain intentionally hit him twice at an intersection on Nov. 13, 2008 and then slung Mangham to the ground, causing permanent injuries. He is seeking $75,000 plus punitive damages.
McClain’s attorneys filed documents in court denying the student’s claims.
That case is set for trial June 5.
McClain’s ankle injury forced him to miss the Raiders‘ 38-24 loss to Denver on Nov. 6 when the Broncos ran for 299 yards, 118 from quarterback Tim Tebow. McClain reinjured his ankle on the first play of the second half in last week’s 25-20 win over Chicago but came back later to finish the game.
Since McClain’s return, Oakland has won three straight to take a one-game lead in the AFC West heading into Sunday’s game at Miami.
“All you can do is tell them things, try to give them help, but if they don’t want to be helped, then they won’t be helped,” Cartwright said. “Once he gets back, I’ll try to put a bug in his ear and see what’s going on.”
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors