- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
2 killed, girl injured, in overnight shootings in D.C.
Question of the Day
Two men were killed in the District early Saturday in separate shootings, the Metropolitan Police Department said.
A man and a 16-year-old girl were struck during a shooting around 4 a.m. in the 4500 block of Benning Road Northeast, near the Benning Road Metro Station. The man, identified as 24-year-old Stephon Emmanuel Way of Upper Marlboro, died from his injuries at a local hospital. The girl was taken to a hospital with injuries that were not considered life threatening. The two people were inside a car when they were shot, MPD spokesman Officer Hugh Carew said.
A second man was killed when gunfire broke out at about 8:30 a.m. in the 2300 block of Ainger Place Southeast. The man suffered multiple gunshot wounds and died at the hospital, Officer Carew said.
No one has been arrested in connection with either of the homicides.
In another overnight incident, a man was stabbed around 1:45 a.m. during an argument in the 3100 block of Mount Pleasant. Officer Carew said he did not know the man’s condition.
One man was arrested in connection with the stabbing.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Andrea Noble is a crime and public safety reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Term limits still in question after 22 years in Prince George's County
- ACLU slams Gray on issues of transparency
- D.C. police quietly prepping for change in law on marijuana
- Council overrides mayor's veto of fiscal 2015 budget
- 3 killed, 4 wounded Sunday in three D.C. shootings
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- House panel OKs resolution to sue president for Obamacare delays
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- Doctor, 2 others shot at Pennsylvania hospital: reports
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq