- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
- Israel’s ambassador praises Obama, slams Human Rights Watch report
- Md. parents accused of locking up autistic twin sons
- Dancing Kim Jong-un video sparks North Korea fury
Taking Names: Meryl Streep covers Vogue magazine for first time
Question of the Day
Meryl Streep covers Vogue magazine for first time
Meryl Streep may be considered one of the finest actresses around, yet she says she believed her career was over 20 years ago.
Miss Streep, 62, tells Vogue magazine she was offered three different roles as a witch after turning 40. She thought it meant women in her age group were “grotesque on some level” and told her husband, “It’s over.”
Miss Streep graces the cover of Vogue magazine for the first time in the January edition and jokes in the magazine that she’s the “oldest person” to do so.
Next she plays former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher in the new film “Iron Lady.” She portrays Mrs. Thatcher from age 49 to 85. The film opens Jan. 13.
The January issue of Vogue goes on sale Dec. 20.
Lohan says she should have listened to advisers
Lindsay Lohan says she should have listened to her advisers, but her stubbornness led to many of her well-documented legal problems.
Miss Lohan makes the comments in the January-February issue of Playboy magazine, which features mostly nude photos and a brief story about the starlet.
Pictures from the issue leaked online Friday, prompting the magazine to release the issue early on its website.
The story refers to Miss Lohan’s infamous bad behavior - which includes two drunken-driving arrests, five jail sentences and five rehab stints - as youthful misadventures.
Miss Lohan returns to court Wednesday to update a judge on her compliance with strict new probation requirements, which include working at a morgue.
Oswalt says love scene with Theron was ‘nightmare’
Shooting a love scene with Charlize Theron would be a dream come true for many actors, but for Patton Oswalt, who co-stars with the Oscar-winning actress in the new movie “Young Adult,” the experience was “a nightmare.”
“Why do I have to be in my underwear next to the most physically perfect person on the planet? Why couldn’t I have been next to John Goodman or Michael Moore in their underwear?” Mr. Oswalt said. “It was a dream that turned into a nightmare.”
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- Obamacare dealt massive setback by federal appeals court
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq