- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Nets sign Shawne Williams, waive Travis Outlaw
Question of the Day
Williams, a 6-9 forward, played in 64 games for New York and posted career-best averages of 7.1 points and 3.7 rebounds in 20.7 minutes per game.
“Shawne is a versatile player who will add a needed dimension to our frontcourt,” Nets general manager Billy King said. “He can play inside as well as shoot the 3, and is a welcome addition to our roster.”
Outlaw was designated New Jersey’s amnesty player in a move that should take roughly $7 million off the Nets’ salary cap. The moves came a day after the Nets’ bid to acquire Dwight Howard of Orlando fell apart.
Outlaw was signed to a five-year, $35 million contract last summer and appeared in all 82 games, starting 55. He averaged 9.2 points and 4.0 rebounds. The 8-year veteran has played in 482 NBA regular season games with the Trail Blazers, Clippers and Nets, averaging 9.5 points and 3.5 rebounds.
Udoka is a journeyman who has played for five teams in his seven-year NBA career, with his most recent stop being a 20-game stint in San Antonio last season where he had 14 points and 19 rebounds in 130 minutes of action.
New Jersey posted a 24-48 record last season.
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Pentagon running out of time to find mass of missing weapons in Afghanistan
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring 'God's Rescue Squad'
- WEST: Those who would rather join the jihadi army than their own nation's army
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq