- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Zadzooks: Assassin’s Creed Revelations review
Question of the Day
The story sets the stage for an assassin recruit to work with an Animus technician to build a character and take him into the virtual world of cat and mouse as each killer stalks the other.
These tense online encounters for up to eight gamers play out as simple death matches on lush maps where opponents are assigned contracts to kill one another and are awarded points for their use of stealth abilities.
With the incredible selection of third-person action games in 2011 — not limited to inFamous 2, Batman: Arkham City and Gears of War 3 — the release of Assassin’s Creed Revelations easily could be forgotten. That, however, would be a year-ending mistake and deprive any mature gamer of a truly memorable experience.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
A graduate of Northwestern University with a degree in communications, Joseph Szadkowski has written about popular culture for The Washington Times for the past 17 years. He covers video games, comic books, new media and technology.
- ZADZOOKS: Guardians of the Galaxy, Drax the Destroyer review
- ZADZOOKS: Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty review
- ZADZOOKS: Batman '66 Meets the Green Hornet review
- ZADZOOKS: Sniper Elite III review
- Zadzooks: Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season Six review (Blu-ray)
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Bill Clinton audio surfaces from Sept. 10, 2001: 'I could have killed' Osama bin Laden
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world