“It presents a different kind of challenge to the offensive lineman because they’re used to a bigger guy in there,” he said. “I’m a little quicker, a little lighter.”
• Receiver Niles Paul is listed as probable for Sunday’s game after missing the last three with a sprained big toe. He fully participated in Friday’s practice.
“You definitely feel it because it’s all from an explosion standpoint, and when you put that pressure on it you don’t know how you’re toe is going to feel,” Paul said. “But it’s definitely feeling a lot better, at least from what it was.”
Before he was injured, Paul was one of the Redskins‘ best gunners on the punt coverage team.
• Fullback Darrel Young passed a baseline concussion test, Shanahan said. He’s listed as questionable.
“We’ll see how he practices [Saturday] and how he runs and how he feels,” Shanahan said.
Young said he still is sensitive to light.
• Defensive end Stephen Bowen (left knee), receiver Terrence Austin (hamstring) and linebacker London Fletcher (ankle) are listed as questionable. …
• Rookie receiver Leonard Hankerson will not have surgery to repair the torn labrum in his left hip at this time, Shanahan said. Doctors are going to see if it heals on its own.
• Bowen was fined $15,000 for spearing Seattle quarterback Tarvaris Jackson on the Seahawks’ final offensive play last Sunday, the NFL said. Bowen was not penalized on the play.
• Running back Roy Helu was fined $7,500 for his chop block. The NFL did not fine Seahawks fullback Michael Robinson for stomping on DeAngelo Hall.