- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
HBO axes 3 series while renewing ‘Enlightened’
NEW YORK (AP) - HBO is renewing its Golden Globes-nominated freshman series “Enlightened,” but is axing three other series.
“Hung” and “Bored to Death” will not return for a fourth season, nor will “How to Make it in America” be back for a third cycle, the network said Tuesday.
“Enlightened,” which ended its first season earlier this month, last week earned a Golden Globe nomination for Best Comedy or Musical Series, as well as a nomination for its star, Laura Dern. On the show, Dern plays an unstable career woman who wants to be a social activist.
HBO will premiere six new series in 2012. They include “Luck,” an untitled drama series created by Aaron Sorkin, “Veep,” “Girls,” “Life’s Too Short” and “Angry Boys,” which debuts on New Year’s Day.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- CPAC 2014: Rand Paul urges conservatives to fight for liberty
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- EDITORIAL: Connecticut revolts against gun controls that could criminalize 300,000
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Protests in Russia against Putin's actions in Ukraine a shift in attitudes
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again