- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
Calif. mansion goes for a steal: $14.1 million
Question of the Day
SAN DIEGO (AP) - A seaside mansion in San Diego that was used in TV commercials but never occupied has sold for $14.1 million _ a third of the original asking price.
The San Diego Union-Tribune ( http://bit.ly/rC8eCp) says "The Razor" _ an 11,000-square-foot estate built by noted architect Wallace E. Cunningham _ was purchased by an East Coast buyer and is in escrow.
The La Jolla home took six years to build and was completed in 2008 at a cost of about $34 million. Public records show it's the bankruptcy estate of Jimmy Cooksey Jr.
It was once featured in ads for Calvin Klein and Visa but was never occupied.
The original asking price of $45 million was repeatedly slashed. Several auctions this year were cancelled when nobody offered minimum bids.
Information from: The San Diego Union-Tribune, http://www.signonsandiego.com
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- CARSON: Getting to the top by starting at the bottom
- Federal deficit shrinks 20 percent in fiscal 2014
- Colorado judge: Bakery owner discriminated against gay couple
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Great discoveries in the world of restaurants and chefs fulfill the quest for delicious food and cooking.
Television commentary, reviews, news and nonstop DVR catch-up by Lisa King Dolloff and friends.
Red Alert focuses on the hottest political topics in the nation and calls Americans to action.
History doesn't have to be grim; there is a lot to be learned from the pages of time.
White House pets gone wild!