- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s U.S. diplomats busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
- Oh my God! Costco lists Bible as fiction, Ron Burgundy memoir as gospel
- Sarah Palin responds to Martin Bashir’s resignation, praises media
- Obama to send 2 Gitmo terror suspects back to Algeria
Investment group closes Chicago Sun-Times deal
CHICAGO — A new investment group has completed its purchase of the company that owns the Chicago Sun-Times.
Wrapports LLC says its transaction to buy Sun-Times Media Holdings LLC closed Monday. In addition to the Chicago publication, Sun-Times Media also owns a chain of newspapers in the city’s suburbs and in Indiana.
Sun-Times Media filed for bankruptcy protection in 2009 and was led out of bankruptcy later that year by an investment group headed by Mesirow Financial President James Tyree. Tyree died this year.
While the newspaper has slashed costs and cut dozens of staff positions, the Sun-Times won a Pulitzer Prize this year for local reporting. Its new ownership group is led by technology investor Michael Ferro Jr. and Timothy Knight, the former publisher of the Long Island, N.Y., newspaper Newsday.
Southwest flight attendants reach deal with AirTran staff
DALLAS — Southwest Airlines Co. flight attendants are the latest group of workers to agree on how they will integrate their seniority with that of workers at AirTran Airways.
The agreement, announced Monday, must be ratified by members of the Transport Workers Union Local 556, which represents roughly 10,000 Southwest flight attendants, and the Association of Flight Attendants Council 57, which represents about 2,400 at AirTran, the airline and the unions said.
• From wire dispatches and staff reports
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality: liberal group
- CURL: 'Mission Accomplished' for Obamacare
- CARSON: Getting to the top by starting at the bottom
- Obama returns to class warfare as poll numbers plunge
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- Democratic infighting erupts over 'we can have it all' fantasy on entitlements
- HARPER: 'Knockout game' not a myth to liberal Sharpton
- American teacher shot and killed at Benghazi international school
- Hola: Boehner prepares to push amnesty bill through House
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Brazen, leading-edge, “call it like it is” columns and reporting from Ohio native, radio host and writer, Sara Marie Brenner.
Entertainment News and Reviews from Washington, D.C. and beyond.
White House pets gone wild!