- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Question of the Day
Zuckerberg vacations in Vietnam over holiday
Vietnam may block its citizens from using Facebook, but that didn’t stop website founder Mark Zuckerberg from vacationing in the communist country.
Mr. Zuckerberg spent Christmas Eve in the popular tourist destination Ha Long Bay, local official Trinh Dang Thanh said.
According to the Associated Press, state-run media said Mr. Zuckerberg arrived in Vietnam on Dec. 22.
Mr. Zuckerberg spent Christmas Day at an ecolodge in the northern mountain town of Sapa and rode a buffalo, said Le Phuc Thien, deputy manager at Topas Ecolodge.
Mr. Zuckerberg, Facebook’s 27-year-old CEO, founded the social networking site in 2004.
Vietnam’s aggressive Internet censors block access to Facebook and other websites, but young Vietnamese easily bypass the restrictions.
McConaughey proposes to longtime girlfriend
Actor Matthew McConaughey took advantage of the Christmas holidays to propose to his longtime girlfriend, Brazilian model Camila Alves, the Hollywood heartthrob told his Internet followers.
“Just asked Camila to marry me. Merry Christmas,” Mr. McConaughey, 42, said in a message posted on Twitter and WhoSay late Sunday, Agence France-Presse reports. The messages were accompanied by a photograph of the couple kissing in front of a Christmas tree.
Ms. Alves, 28, and Mr. McConaughey started dating in 2006 and have two children: Levi, 3; and Vida, who turns 2 next month.
The star of “Lincoln Lawyer” and 2008’s “Tropic Thunder” was proclaimed the “sexiest man alive” by People magazine in 2005.
Man wanted in rapper’s death surrenders to police
A man charged with killing an Atlanta rapper at a recording studio has turned himself in to police, according to the Associated Press.
WSB-TV reports that Vinson Hardimon, known as rapper Young Vito, surrendered to Atlanta police Monday afternoon. He was handcuffed and taken to the Fulton County jail.
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world