- Biden to lead $600 million work force training effort
- Atheists’ Easter taunt to Christians: ‘Jesus is a myth’
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes — ‘your paycheck’
- Despite Obamacare problems, some Dems want Sebelius to run for Senate: report
- Angry New Yorkers shred gun registrations in deadline day protests
- Uninsured rate dropping faster in places that embraced pillars of Obamacare, survey shows
- Hawaii, D.C. give residents two more weeks to sign up under Obamacare
- Climate change causing fish to lose their minds, researchers say
- Great Britain tops World’s Most Sexist Nation list
Gowalla started out in 2009 as a way for people to share their location with friends and strangers by “checking in.” Now, Facebook will wind down the service, as it often does when buying a startup to hire its talent.
Facebook says Mr. Williams, co-founder Scott Raymond and others at Gowalla will move to Facebook in January. Gowalla is currently headquartered in Austin, Texas. Facebook did not acquire the Gowalla service or technology.
Hedge fund founder reports to prison
DEVENS — The hedge fund founder handed the longest prison term ever given for insider trading has reported to a federal facility in Massachusetts to begin serving his 11-year sentence.
Raj Rajaratnam reported to the Federal Medical Center in Devens on Monday, U.S. Bureau of Prisons spokeswoman Traci Billingsley said.
The 54-year-old Sri Lanka native and one-time billionaire lost his last-minute effort last week to get a federal appeals court to let him remain free pending appeal. He was convicted this year of trading on inside information from 2003 through 2009. Prosecutors say he made more than $70 million in illegal profits.
He had asked for leniency because of health problems.
The prosecution of the insider trading case resulted in the convictions of more than two dozen people.
Subaru, Honda recall car due to brake issue
TWT Video Picks
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Al Qaeda mocks U.S. in 'extraordinary' Yemen gathering; experts fear CIA caught flat-footed
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.