- Sen. Rand Paul: Limited Washington experience isn’t always bad
- Ben Sasse scores Sen. Ted Cruz’s endorsement for Nebraska Senate primary
- Beer-flavored lollipops make debut: ‘An All-American slam-dunk’
- Gabby Giffords’ gun control push gets high-profile speaker: Bill Clinton
- Tony Blair to warn West: Take sides against radical Islam
- Pfc. Bradley Manning’s name change to Chelsea heads to court
- NYPD’s attempt at positive Twitter outreach campaign proves to be an epic fail
- Michigan man among first in U.S. to get ‘bionic eye’
- JetBlue pilots vote to unionize; 2 previous attempts failed
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with ‘full-time’ robots
Gowalla started out in 2009 as a way for people to share their location with friends and strangers by “checking in.” Now, Facebook will wind down the service, as it often does when buying a startup to hire its talent.
Facebook says Mr. Williams, co-founder Scott Raymond and others at Gowalla will move to Facebook in January. Gowalla is currently headquartered in Austin, Texas. Facebook did not acquire the Gowalla service or technology.
Hedge fund founder reports to prison
DEVENS — The hedge fund founder handed the longest prison term ever given for insider trading has reported to a federal facility in Massachusetts to begin serving his 11-year sentence.
Raj Rajaratnam reported to the Federal Medical Center in Devens on Monday, U.S. Bureau of Prisons spokeswoman Traci Billingsley said.
The 54-year-old Sri Lanka native and one-time billionaire lost his last-minute effort last week to get a federal appeals court to let him remain free pending appeal. He was convicted this year of trading on inside information from 2003 through 2009. Prosecutors say he made more than $70 million in illegal profits.
He had asked for leniency because of health problems.
The prosecution of the insider trading case resulted in the convictions of more than two dozen people.
Subaru, Honda recall car due to brake issue
TWT Video Picks
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- Ministry of Truth: SCOTUS skeptical of law to police campaign 'lies'
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- HURT: President Obama's 'Selfie Doctrine'
- SOWELL: The high cost of liberalism, open spaces and affordable housing
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren: 'I'm not running for president'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.