- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Alec Baldwin kicked off LA flight for playing game
Question of the Day
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Alec Baldwin says he was kicked off a plane Tuesday at Los Angeles International Airport after having words with a flight attendant over an “addicting” word game he was playing on his cellphone.
The “30 Rock” actor was asked to get off a New York City-bound flight for playing “Words with Friends” while the plane idled at a gate Tuesday, said Baldwin’s spokesman, Matthew Hiltzik.
“He loves `Words with Friends’ so much that he was willing to leave a plane for it,” said Hiltzik, who added that Baldwin boarded another American Airlines flight to New York.
Baldwin, a prolific Twitter user, took to the social media site to vent, saying a “flight attendant on American reamed me out 4 playing Words With Friends while we sat at the gate, not moving.”
It wasn’t clear if passengers had been asked to turn off their cellphones, which is typical before a flight backs away from the terminal.
American Airlines spokesman Ed Martelle declined comment, citing customer privacy concerns.
Airport police Sgt. Belinda Nettles said officers did not respond to the incident.
Baldwin tweeted that it would be his last flight with American, despite the fact that they show “30 Rock” for in-flight entertainment. He mocked American Airlines flight attendants on Twitter, saying the airline is “where Catholic school gym teachers from the 1950’s find jobs as flight attendants.”
Baldwin called “Words With Friends” an “addicting” game. Players compete online to score the most points by building words with tiles on a Scrabble-like game board.
Baldwin plays the role of executive Jack Donaghy on “30 Rock” and played an amorous ex-husband to Meryl Streep in the 2009 romantic comedy “It’s Complicated.”
TWT Video Picks
By Scott Pinsker
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Computer glitch caused odd Saturday release of D.C. guns ruling
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq