- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Baldwin apologizes to passengers, not airline
Airport police have said they did not respond to the incident.
Baldwin deactivated his Twitter account and all of his previous tweets were removed. Hiltzik said that was because the actor was setting aside his Twitter activity to concentrate on “30 Rock.”
At least one other celebrity came to Baldwin’s defense on Twitter.
Boxing great Oscar de la Hoya, who was on the same flight, tweeted that he thought the flight attendant overreacted.
“(at)AlecBaldwin was doing nothing wrong but playing `words’ on his phone,” de la Hoya said.
Baldwin boarded another American Airlines flight to New York after Tuesday’s incident, but said he wouldn’t fly with American again.
In the tweets that have since been removed, Baldwin mocked American Airlines as a company “where Catholic school gym teachers from the 1950’s find jobs as flight attendants.”
He also called “Words With Friends” an “addicting” game. Players compete online to score the most points by building words with tiles on a Scrabble-like game board.
Baldwin plays the role of the vain executive Jack Donaghy on the NBC sitcom “30 Rock” and played an amorous ex-husband to Meryl Streep in the 2009 romantic comedy “It’s Complicated.”
He also is featured in a series of comical TV ads for Capital One credit cards. In one spot Baldwin strolls through an airport and luxuriates on an airplane while surrounded by a coterie of assistants.
Associated Press Writer Christopher Weber and AP Entertainment Writer Derrik J. Lang contributed to this report.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Vulnerable Democrats must 'run their own race'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
- WILLIAMS: Bill Maher, comedian or bigot?
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.