- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Question of the Day
South Sudanese Minister of Petroleum and Mining Stephen Dhieu Dau told the Associated Press that Chinese diplomat Liu Guijin arrived in Juba on Wednesday.
His arrival comes one week after China’s Foreign Ministry publicly asked Sudan and South Sudan to resolve the issue through “friendly consultations.”
DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO
Troops on standby as vote result delayed
KINSHASA | Troops patrolled Kinshasa Wednesday as Congo faced two more days of waiting for the full results of a presidential election that has sparked protests abroad and raised fears of a fresh explosion of violence.
President Joseph Kabila, in power since 2001, looked on track for another five-year term in the single-round race. He was leading top rival Etienne Tshisekedi, 49 percent to 33 percent, in results announced Tuesday and based on 89 percent of polling centers.
The Independent National Electoral Commission said late Tuesday it needed more time to compile final results from around the country. It promised a full count within 48 hours.
Fears for Rwandan reporters in Uganda after death
NAIROBI, KENYA | Human Rights Watch is urging Uganda’s government to conduct a “transparent” investigation into the murder of a Rwandan journalist.
TWT Video Picks
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Inside the Beltway: Republican posse rides out to fire Harry Reid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- KUHNER: Will Russia-Ukraine be Europe's next war?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq