- John Kerry: Israel-Palestinian peace deal paved for April
- India diplomat who touts women’s rights busted for $3 wage to nanny
- MSNBC host Ed Schultz paid $252K by unions in 2012-2013
- Korean War memorial ordered to take down Christian cross
- Billy Graham near death, ‘close to going home to be with the Lord’
- SeaTac, Wash.: City’s new $15 minimum wage heads to court
- Obama mulls support for Islamists in Syria, with conditions
- Obama ‘birther’ theories float, as Hawaii health director killed in crash
- U.S. drone faulted for killing 14 ‘innocent civilians’ at Yemen wedding
- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
Judge orders man to stay away from Kirsten Dunst
LOS ANGELES (AP) - A judge on Friday granted Kirsten Dunst a temporary restraining order against a French man who has repeatedly written to the actress and traveled to Los Angeles at least five times to try to meet her.
In letters accompanying Dunst’s petition, Prudhon wrote that he sold his home in France so he could continue to travel to meet Dunst, who has not responded to any of his more than 50 letters. He wrote that he is in love with the actress and that he has repeatedly waited outside Dunst’s home to try to meet her and has been mistaken for a paparazzo.
“I am frightened for my safety, as well as the safety of my family and friends who visit my home,” Dunst wrote in a court filing. “I am worried that Mr. Prudhon will escalate his conduct further, putting myself and my family in danger.”
Dunst’s mother, Inez Dunst, wrote in a sworn declaration that she was alarmed by Prudhon’s appearance when he came to her door last week trying to meet the actress. Inez Dunst said she knew who he was because he has repeatedly sent her daughter letters over the years.
It could not be immediately determined if Prudhon, 51, was represented by a lawyer, and attempts to locate him for comment were unsuccessful.
The actress, who recently appeared in the film “Melancholia,” wrote in a court filing that her security personnel told Prudhon to stay away, but he has refused.
Goodson will consider whether to grant a three-year restraining order at a Dec. 21 hearing.
Follow Anthony McCartney at http://twitter.com/mccartneyAP.
By Mangosuthu Buthelezi
Memories of a long brotherhood tempered in common struggle
- U.S. Navy-China showdown: Chinese try to halt U.S. cruiser in international waters
- House budget bargain faces Senate filibuster; Republicans line up to oppose
- PRUDEN: The last living witnesses; they wore the yellow star and remember the Nazi terror
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- Billy Graham near death, close to going home to be with the Lord
- Obama birther theories float, as Hawaii health director killed in crash
- KEENE: James Clapper should resign for lying to Congress
- Kim Jong-un consolidating power or losing grip on North Korea's military
- STEVENS: Resisting the seduction of housing speculation
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Implement these actionable tips, how-to’s and best practices in 10 minutes or less to leverage online communications and technology for brand, business and career development.
Consummate traveler Todd DeFeo explores the unique stories that make destinations worth going to.
Covering the world of soccer, including the World Cup, Major League Soccer, D.C. United and the English Premier League and other interesting sporting events.
Born in 1930 in rural Missouri, Charles Vandegriffe, Sr., brings his time and place to the Communities.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow