- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
AP Source: Ramirez agree at $32.5M over 4 years
Question of the Day
CHICAGO (AP) - Shortstop Alexei Ramirez and the Chicago White Sox have agreed in principle to a new contract that guarantees $32.5 million in new money over four years through 2015, aperson familiar with the negotiations told The Associated Press.
The person spoke Tuesday on the condition of anonymity because the agreement is pending a physical. The deal includes a $10 million option for a fifth year, according to El Nuevo Herald in Miami, which was first to report the agreement.
Chicago exercised Ramirez’s $2.75 million option for 2011 in December with the idea that they would sign him to a new deal after they addressed other needs.
The 29-year-old Ramirez hit .282 with 18 home runs and 70 RBIs last season and is considered one of the AL’s best-fielding shortstops.
Ramirez led AL shortstops in batting average, slugging percentage (.431), homers and total bases (252) and ranked second in RBIs.
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Iraq Christians get meeting with top Obama aide
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world