- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Your slanted labels in abortion article
I was disappointed to see the use of inconsistent and therefore slanted labels for the opposite sides of the abortion issue that appeared in Thursday’s article “Judge Orders trial for Pa. abortion doctor” (Nation).
The article should have been headlined “Abortionist to stand trial for murder.” The abortion opposition group Live Action, which taped the purported human trafficking by a Planned Parenthood clinic manager, was labeled “anti-abortion.” The same article labeled the abortion group National Abortion Federation as “pro-choice.” For the sake of balance, the latter should have been labeled “pro-abortion.” If labels are necessary, why not call the groups what they call themselves, namely, either pro-life or pro-choice?
I note that while Planned Parenthood was prominently mentioned in the article and the actions of its officials were reported, the article did not apply any label to the organization that is unquestionably the largest abortion provider in the country.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Get Breaking Alerts
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Study: Children fare better in traditional mom-dad families
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'