- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Your slanted labels in abortion article
I was disappointed to see the use of inconsistent and therefore slanted labels for the opposite sides of the abortion issue that appeared in Thursday’s article “Judge Orders trial for Pa. abortion doctor” (Nation).
The article should have been headlined “Abortionist to stand trial for murder.” The abortion opposition group Live Action, which taped the purported human trafficking by a Planned Parenthood clinic manager, was labeled “anti-abortion.” The same article labeled the abortion group National Abortion Federation as “pro-choice.” For the sake of balance, the latter should have been labeled “pro-abortion.” If labels are necessary, why not call the groups what they call themselves, namely, either pro-life or pro-choice?
I note that while Planned Parenthood was prominently mentioned in the article and the actions of its officials were reported, the article did not apply any label to the organization that is unquestionably the largest abortion provider in the country.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Obama tries to calm Israeli fears over Iranian nuke deal 'not based on trust'
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress